Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Let’s Take a (Virtual, Twitter Guided) Walk #42 A Stroll with Skoll

As part of the Skoll World Forum Let’s Take a (Virtual, Twitter Guided) Walk #42 A Stroll with Skoll, Took place Wednesday April 1st 

During this time where it’s vital to stay secluded and to keep our distances from each other,
We share a virtual Twitter-guided Walk. Walking separately but sharing a journey #WalkingTogetherApart Worldwide.
The focus was on the health and well being of the world and it's inhabitants, prompting dialogues and actions. 

Let’s Take a Walk
Since 2009 I have conducted LTAW, a worldwide walk I lead using Twitter ‪@mcayer to guide a shared journey, walking together apart. As I take and tweet a left turn, participants from anywhere in the world also turn left. 
During the walk, I ask questions about current social topics, prompting dialogues and actions.Together, though apart, we will journey along creating a similar footprint on different soil.
Note that sometimes LTAW also takes place on site as a performance, but this is, of course, not feasible at present but here is a description, a Town Crier, a Tweet Master, and a Drummer assist me. Passerby’s are invited to join in as well. We film and photograph our journeys, which I compile later into an installation, incorporating costumes and props used during the walk. This final product demonstrates the experience of walking in different places yet moving in sync.

So far, there have been 42 Twitter guided walks starting in 2009, each is a shared moment—a step towards peace and collective wellbeing. 
From near or far I hope to share a journey with you.

         

Here above is an example of the participation, my Tweet said: Stop look up. What do you see. (In New York)I see a blue sky, clouds. A participant from Brazil sent a photo of what  she could see , a blue sky, clouds and trees.

Here below musing, exploring our contribution for changes.

         





If you wish to be notified on future walks or have photos to share of past walks please email me at mariechristine@mindspring.com  
As always, I thank you for your participation,
I wish you and your loved ones well.

Marie Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment