Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Let's Take a (Virtual, Twitter Guided) Walk #41 Saturday 3/21 at 3pm (EST)

Dear Friends and Supporters

During this time where it’s vital to stay secluded and to keep our distances from each other,
I invite you to share a virtual Twitter-guided Walk. We will be walking separately but sharing a journey, from anywhere in the world, indoor or outdoor.
Let’s Take a Walk #41 will take place on Saturday March 21st at 3pm (EST)
Please join me via ‪@mcayer on Twitter. To see past walks scroll to the various posts
For those of you new to this project here is a short intro:
Let’s Take a Walk
Since 2009 I have conducted LTAW, a worldwide walk I lead using Twitter ‪@mcayer to guide a shared journey, walking together apart. As I take and tweet a left turn, participants from anywhere in the world also turn left. 
During the walk, I ask questions about current social topics, prompting dialogues and actions. 
Together, though apart, we will journey along creating a similar footprint on different soil.
Note that sometimes LTAW also takes place on site as a performance, but this is not feasible at present. During such performances, a Town Crier, a Tweet Master, and a Drummer assist me. Passerby’s are invited to join in as well. We film and photograph our journeys, which I compile later into an installation, incorporating costumes and props used during the walk. This final product demonstrates the experience of walking in different places yet moving in sync.
So far, there have been 40 walks; each is a shared moment—a step towards peace.                                                                                                                                                        
As always, I thank you for your participation, from near or far I am so glad to share a journey with you.
I wish you and your loved ones well.
Marie Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment