Monday, March 23, 2020

Let's Take a (virtual,Twitter guided) Walk. A Shared Moment to Combat Social Isolation

During this time when it’s vital to keep our distances from each other,Let’s Take a Walk #41 took place on Saturday March 21st in the midst of the COVID-19 crisis. 
We walked separately but shared a journey, from around the world, indoor and outdoor.
Thank you for those of you who joined in via ‪@mcayer on Twitter. Here are some highlights of LTAW#41 and photos of my journey. If you took photos of your journey please send them to mariechristine@mindspring.com

#FunFact @Jack sent his first tweet 3/21 2006 Let’s Take a Walk began when I opened my account 2009 This will be walk #41  
#FunFact Today is World Poetry Day & International Day of Forest in preparation of the walk I posted a link to Power PoetryDuring the walk I invited participants to think of their favorite poem that relates to forests.
Later I invited participants to sing a song, I sang Imaging, (see a wonderful video of John Lennon and Yoko Ono) someone sang HappyBirthday, a mother and her daughter sang Our House (See a video of the wonderful lyrics and hear Crosby, Stills and Nash). What song did you sing? What song is in your head right now?


Here are examples of posts more can be seen ‪@mcayer on Twitter. 


Do you see a flower? How does it smell ? or Imagine the smell of a flower.

Let’s Take a Walk
Since 2009 I have conducted LTAW, a worldwide walk I lead using Twitter ‪@mcayer to guide a shared journey, walking together apart. As I take and tweet a left turn, participants from anywhere in the world also turn left. 
During the walk, I ask questions about current social topics, prompting dialogues and actions. 
Together, though apart, we will journey along creating a similar footprint on different soil.
Note that sometimes LTAW also takes place on site as a performance, but this is not feasible at present. During such performances, a Town Crier, a Tweet Master, and a Drummer assist me. Passerby’s are invited to join in as well. We film and photograph our journeys, which I compile later into an installation, incorporating costumes and props used during the walk. This final product demonstrates the experience of walking in different places yet moving in sync.
So far, there have been 41 walks; each is a shared moment—a step towards peace.                                                                                                                                                        
As always, I thank you for your participation, from near or far I am so glad to share a journey with you.
I wish you and your loved ones well.
Marie Christine

1 comment:

  1. Puh-ray-zuh Gawwd!!!
    You're a Jew!!!
    Jews R coool.
    Know wwwyy?
    Jesus was a JEW!!!
    Love you.
    Cya soon.
    be @ peace.
    Yo! Lemme tella youse
    summore without d'New
    Joisey accent, kapiche?
    WottsamataU????

    ReplyDelete